Quantum Unveils Scale-out NAS for many-Demanding IP-Based Media Workflows
Innovative Xcellis Scale-out NAS Is First to create Greatest Amounts of Storage Performance and Scalability to any or all-IP Environments
SAN JOSE, Calif. — 12 ,. 12, 2017 — Quantum Corp. (New york stock exchange: QTM) today announced a brand new Xcellis® Scale-out NAS solution that gives the greatest amounts of storage performance and scalability inside a cost-effective, Ethernet-based appliance. Operated by Quantum’s StorNext® shared storage and knowledge management platform, the multiprotocol, multiclient Xcellis Scale-out NAS system unites robust media and metadata management with industry-leading performance — three occasions better compared to competing NAS systems — and unmatched scalability to aid content creators’ most demanding collaborative workflows and ease their transition for an IP-based infrastructure.
[Click to tweet: New @QuantumCorp Xcellis Scale-out #NAS delivers extreme performance and scalability to any or all-IP media workflows http://qntm.co/2BKmgVY]
Addressing Workflow Pressures and also the IP Migration
High-resolution, high-volume media workflows for example collaborative 4K editing and visual effects creation demand extreme performance and scalability in the underlying storage infrastructure. To satisfy this concern, content creators have typically utilized high-throughput SAN solutions because NAS choices were not able to supply sufficient performance. Quantum’s Xcellis Scale-out NAS stands alone in being able to provide the uncompromising performance and scalability formerly available only inside a SAN to any or all-IP workflows in an affordable cost. Additionally, Quantum enables users to configure an Xcellis solution with scale-out SAN and NAS to supply maximum versatility.
Specific advantages of Xcellis Scale-out NAS include:
• Elevated Productivity in most-IP Environments: Having a converged architecture that saves space and power, continuous scalability for simplified scaling of performance and capacity, and unified use of content, Xcellis systems boost productivity in collaborative media environments by integrating the most crucial aspects of workflow storage right into a single, easy-to-manage hardware solution.
• Cost-Effective Scaling of Performance and Capacity: Just one Xcellis Scale-out NAS appliance performs a minimum of three occasions better compared to the market’s next-best NAS offering. An Xcellis cluster can scale performance and capacity together or individually to achieve countless petabytes in capacity and most a terabyte per second in performance. When deployed included in a multitier StorNext infrastructure ― which could include object, tape and cloud storage ― Xcellis Scale-out NAS may cost less than 1/10 those of a company-only NAS solution with similar capacity.
• Lifecycle, Location and price Management: The Xcellis Scale-out NAS platform leverages greater than fifteen years of information management experience included in StorNext software, which supplies automatic tiering between flash, disk, tape, object storage and public cloud. Copies could be produced for content distribution, collaboration, data protection and disaster recovery.
• Integrated Artificial Intelligence: Xcellis may be the industry’s only storage appliance that may integrate artificial intelligence (AI) abilities to allow users to extract more quality for his or her assets with the automated development of metadata. The machine can positively interrogate data across multiple axes to discover occasions, objects, faces, words and sentiments, instantly generating new, custom metadata that unlocks additional options for using stored assets.
Xcellis Scale-out NAS is going to be generally available this month with entry configurations and individuals leveraging tiering beginning for less than $100 per terabyte (raw).
Keith Lissak, senior director, Media and Entertainment Solutions Marketing, Quantum
“Media professionals happen to be searching for any solution that mixes the performance and simplified scalability of the SAN using the cost efficiency and simplicity of use of NAS. Quantum’s new Xcellis Scale-out NAS platform bridges that gap. By affordably delivering high end, petabyte-level scalability and advanced abilities for example integrated AI, Xcellis Scale-out NAS is the perfect solution for moving to any or all-IP environments with no need to compromise by any means.”
Connect to Word Doc: www.wallstcom.com/Quantum/171212Quantum.docx
French or German translations can be found upon request.
Photo Caption: Xcellis Scale-out NAS Workflow Storage
• Find out more about Xcellis Scale-out NAS: www.quantum.com/products/scale-out-storage/nas/index.aspx
• For details about StorNext: www.stornext.com
Quantum is really a leading expert in scale-out tiered storage, archive and knowledge protection. The business’s StorNext platform forces modern high-performance workflows, enabling seamless, real-time collaboration and keeping content readily available for future use and remonetization. Greater than 100,000 customers have reliable Quantum to deal with their most demanding content workflow needs, including top studios, major broadcasters and cutting-edge content creators. With Quantum, customers possess the finish-to-finish storage platform they have to manage assets from consume through finishing and into delivery and lengthy-term upkeep. Observe how at www.quantum.com/customerstories-mediaent.